Latest posts by Politheor (see all)
Politheor is a European policy platform which brings together policy analysts to help enhance the quality of discussion of policy-related issues in Europe. Its Advisory and Editorial boards are comprised of experts who are affiliated with some of the top education and policy institutions worldwide. Politheor also organizes trainings in policy analysis, and promotes knowledge acquisition among the next generation of policy specialists.
We are currently accepting applications for interns who will support our op-ed team over the course of five months. The internships are home-based, with both training and mentorship offered online. Incentives such as merit-based financial and non-financial awards, trainings in policy analysis, and the possibility of job opportunities can all be expected.
Eligibility and Profile
We encourage motivated students and recent graduates of Public policy, Political Science, International Relations, Media Studies to apply. Graduates in other fields who have demonstrated an interest in public policy may also be accepted.
All candidates must be able to:
– Meet strict deadlines while providing quality content.
– Speak fluent English, with excellent written skills.
– Demonstrate strong analytical capacity and ability to discern policy issues.
– Show willingness to learn and cooperate.
Previous experience is a plus, but not necessary.
– The internships will last 5 months.
– All internships are completely home-based (online).
– Selected candidate’s primary task will be supporting the Politheor.net op-ed section by writing one policy-related op-ed of 700-1000 words per month.
– Politheor internships are an educative and professional experience, therefore, interns will receive extensive training and instructions in writing op-eds. This training combined with the overall experience will prove useful in future careers.
– The internship is also suitable for students whom are required to complete an internship as an integral part of their studies. We are occasionally able to make arrangements in order to assure school requirements are met, but be sure to check with one of the Politheor staff before beginning your application.
Benefits and Opportunities
– Every intern who successfully finishes the internship will receive an Internship Certificate.
– Interns will enhance their experience and proficiency in writing policy-related op-eds, both through experience and training.
– The merit based awards include the Excellence in Policy Analysis certificate issued by the leading experts of the Politheor Advisory Board, as well as other financial and non-financial awards.
– Those who complete their internships satisfactorily will receive preferential treatment when applying for projects and events organised by Politheor, such as the Policy Brief Academy in Belgrade in 2015.
– The possibility of future employment in the Politheor network.
– Great opportunity to publish and promote your work.
– Opportunity for networking in a fast-growing European Public Policy Center.
Send your CV along with an English language writing sample demonstrating your interest in Public Policy and ability to address policy issues to email@example.com .
Application Deadline: February 2nd 2015
Find us on politheor.net and on facebook.com/politheor to see more.